On Tuesday 12th February we were invited into a primary school in Rotherham to talk to the foundation children about visiting the dentist, tooth brushing and the importance of a tooth friendly diet. We had a fantastic afternoon with a brilliant group of children who made us this fantastic card as a thank you!! It sat on reception with pride of place before being framed (as promised to the children at their request!) and displayed on the wall in surgery two. Thank you so much children we LOVE it!!
For a limited time only we are delighted to offer you a friends and family referral promotion whereby our existing patients will be invited to recommend us to a friend or family member of their choice. The following terms and conditions apply:-
- Our friends and family promotion is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer e.g. Tooth whitening promotion. Anti-wrinkle clinic discounted evenings etc
- Only one offer please per patient.
- Limited availability.
- Our existing referee patients will receive a twenty pounds discount off their next appointment after successfully referring a friend or family member who has registered as a patient at the practice and has been seen for a new patient examination/assessment. The new patient will also then receive the twenty pounds discount off their first (or subsequent if preferred) visit.
- The new patient referral is required to fill out a recommend a friend form at their first visit in order to validate their referral.
- For Telephone booking please quote REF20 and bring the referral card with you to your first appointment.
- The practice reserves the rights to refuse the offer if given referee details are deemed invalid.
- One44 dental reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Friday 24th August was our yearly Medical Emergencies training. We train annually to update our knowledge of emergency drugs, CPR and defibrillator use. Thus in the unlikely event that a medical emergency should happen, the whole team are up to date with the latest guidelines. For the third year running the eldest little Cope joined us in training and for the first time the youngest little Cope came along to!!
Today marks the start of National Smile Month, the UK’s largest and longest-running campaign to promote good oral health.
The three key messages are:-
• Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste.
• Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks.
• Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
The aim of National Smile Month is to ultimately improve the UK’s oral health by raising awareness of important health issues in a bid to make a positive difference to the oral health of millions.
Just like last year we are supporting the campaign in many various ways throughout the month and our “Dental Role Play” area is up again!….so feel free to bring you little ones down with you to your appointment and let them learn about the importance of oral health through play.
“Health begins with healthy gums!”
Saturday 12th May 2018 marks “European Gum Health Day”!! This is an international awareness day whose aim is to increase public awareness of the seriousness of gum disease, the health problems associated with it, and the importance of maintaining healthy gums. Healthy gum’s do not bleed!! Never just accept bleeding gums. If you are experiencing sore or bleeding gums please make an appointment and checked out.
“European Gum Health Day 2018 aims to remind people that – even if still often overlooked – gum health is a key factor for general health throughout life, and that gum disease is a relevant public-health concern because it is linked to very serious conditions, including heart disease and cerebrovascular disease,” says Xavier Struillou, co-ordinator of European Gum Health Day 2018.
We are delighted to introduce the newest member of our team, Mr. Rodrigo Gutierrez.
Rodrigo is a Specialist Orthodontist who joins us from Kings College Hospital London.
Rodrigo takes Private referrals at the practice for Orthodontics. If would like to make an appointment for a consultation please give us a call. Any dentists wishing to refer patients to Rodrigo for a private Ortho assessment please contact the practice and our reception team will be happy to send a referral pack out to you! Kind regards, the One44 Dental team.
Below is the link to the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry’s “A practical guide to children’s teeth” aimed at providing information, practical help and advice for parents. A printed, bound copy of these guidelines can be found in our waiting room for our patients if they would like to have a look at them. Should any of our patients wish a copy for themselves, to pass on to family/friends or for our healthcare or teacher patients to use as an information/education tool then please ask our receptionist who will be happy to photocopy them for you.
Our routine CQC inspection is over and we could not be happier with the inspectors feedback!! So proud of our amazing team and fabulous patients!!
Today was our annual Medical Emergencies, CPR and Defibrillator training refresher course and for the second year running the eldest little Cope joined in too!